- Back in London this week. I’d hoped to visit a museum or two, but as it’s the first week they’ve reopened and they all require pre-booking it’s been hard to get a slot. Realistically I wasn’t very comfortable with the idea of travelling to Kensington from where we live in Camden, so we’ll leave it for a few weeks.
- I would like to see Electronic: From Kraftwerk to the Chemical Brothers at the Design Museum.
- We have membership at London Zoo so I took N- there instead. It’s been ages since just the two of us went. We’ve been reading The Ugly Five so had fun seeing the Warthog and talking about which animals are the ugliest.
- N- suddenly seemed to work out how to use his scooter this week which made me very proud and somewhat terrified at the same time.
- I’ve been listening to a lot of new music this year, mostly discovered by browsing around Bandcamp and subscribing to the pitchfork reviews RSS feed. The album. Out of the Valley by n-So is an album I keep playing.
- I spent a little bit of time on my rust side-project. I wrote some code to allow me to trigger sounds immediately without sequencing them. What I’m finding interesting about this project is that it’s no longer really a programming problem it’s more of a UI challenge. I implement some features and then try and use it to make music. This always gives me a long list of new features to add or different ways to organise the interface.
- We’ve decided to give up our office in Waterloo. This makes me sad. Not because I particularly miss the commute, or that it was a particularly pleasant physical space, rathe it’s made me think about what we’ve lost. I don’t know when I’ll next be able to sit and work in the same room as my colleagues and enjoy their company.